Friday, October 12, 2007


I was talking to a friend from Mississippi yesterday and thinking about how we never how God is going to work, how He is going to change us or not change us. My summer in Mississippi was definitely not what I expected. God did things in my heart and around me that I never thought were possible. Isn't this how it is all the time? We have these expectations, these assumptions about how He works and what He intends to do in and around us, but it hardly ever turns out like that. Kind of like this missing car tire. Of all the troubles that I thought I would run across while in MS, I never thought that I would get a tire stolen. And I never thought I would be working with such a giving group of people that they would buy me a new one and cart me around town to get it fixed. God is so stinkin' sovereign.

No comments: