Monday, January 14, 2008

Goals


I set a goal to read 36 books during the year 2007. While I didn't fail miserably, I didn't meet my goal. Not reaching my quota made me think about the beginning of this year and some goals that I had in mind and the person that I wanted to be by the end of the year 2007. I didn't meet my "goals." I am not that person. Not even close.

This past semester was one of my hardest yet. I definitely made decisions that I regret. . . but looking back, I wouldn't change them. I learned a lot about myself, things that I wouldn't have learned if I would have stuck to my "goals."

This year, I want to live life one day at a time. That's crazy, you might say, especially since I'm graduating in May, moving to Wichita this summer, and have no idea what I'm doing after that. But is anyone surprised?

This year, I want to love people well. At the end of 2008, I want to be able to look back and know that I loved with all my heart, even if that means it got broken and abused a few times.

This year, I want to live as Amber, uninhibited and unreserved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I went to a Nav's retreat this past weekend; we studied Ecclesiastes 11 while we were there. It's got some good stuff on taking risks and living life to the full while you're young (always remembering that God will judge you, of course).