Thursday, October 23, 2008

There's a song that I heard a lot this summer that really struck a chord in my heart.  Lately I've been thinking a lot about how we as humans and especially women, desire to be seen and known and cherished.  We were made for a deep relationship with our Creator and because of sin, there is a void that keeps us from having that.  So instead, we search and search for something to replace that, to fill up that empty place in our hearts and in our lives.  I confess that I have spent too much time trying to find satisfaction in things other than my Abba and I know that, until eternity, I will still feel a small emptiness.  Anyway, back to the song.  The words that stick out to me. . .

Come to the water you who thirst and you'll thirst no more

Come to the Father you who work and you'll work no more

love is here.
love is now.
love is pouring from
his hands, from his brows.
love is near,it satisfies.
streams of mercy flowing from his side.

come to the treasure, you who search and you’ll search no more.

come to the lover you who want and you’ll want no more

That emptiness inside, that need for something greater than ourselves, something that makes us stand in awe, something to just rock our world. . . that something is Christ.  Let yourself be filled to overflowing with Him.

No comments: