Friday, September 28, 2007

I had a "sleepover" with one of my best friends last night and, as we were talking about my "issues" I started crying. I realized that, this semester, I haven't cried nearly as much as I used to. I'm not really sure what to do with this. I mean, crying is a big part of how I express myself. Not that that's a good or bad thing. A good friend told me this summer that the reason that I cry so much is because I don't allow myself to have daily, deep emotional connections with people. She challenged me to really allow myself to be seen and to see others in a deeper, more consistent way. I would like to think that in these past few months, I have done just that. I am becoming more comfortable allowing people to see my heart, as well as working really hard to see deeper into their hearts.

No comments: