Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fathers

So, this afternoon, I was in my apartment alone and I fell asleep for a little while, and I had a dream that a very important person in my life told me that I wasn't worth it, that I wasn't good enough for him. I woke up feeling scared, worthless, not knowing what to think or what to do. Dreams have always been a problem for me, seeming so real that it's hard to come back to true reality. I was so shaken up and meanwhile, alone in my apartment and miles away from so many people that I love. Not thirty minutes after I woke up, my dad called me. Of course, he didn't talk much and not for long, but he was just the one that I needed to hear from. When I doubt my worth, my goodness, I know that my Heavenly Father, my Abba, can remind me of who He has created me to be, of the fact that He sees me as good, but also, here on this earth, I have a father that tells me that who I am is worth it. He tells me that I am good.

No comments: