Sunday, June 1, 2008

one thing

For the past 6 months, my heart has been consumed with one thing, this one potentially great thing that has brought me so much joy and so much heartache. This one thing that brought me to this city and has since let me go. I wanted to be found, to be seen as captivating and worthy, and this one thing did not do that. For a while, this one thing was satisfying and did bring me closer to where I want to be, but that is no longer true. Instead, this one thing has brought me to the feet of my Lover, having felt more pain that I ever want to feel again, to the One who will always see me as beautiful, as worthy, who will heal me.

I am trading in this one thing for another. Today is the day when I let go.

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. . . My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek." -Psalm 27

1 comment:

Lor & Josh said...

He will be faithful to consume your heart with Himself. He will be faithful to show you His love and beauty. He will fill you as you hunger for Him. He will wash away your tears and renew your hope and joy. you are lovely and the desire of Abba's heart. may you rest in His peace and grace today. love you Ambershine.