Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thoughts on Change, Part 3

Over the past 3 months or so, I have made some big changes in my life, some of the biggest I have ever made. I graduated from college, moved out of the dorms for good, experienced a new city for a few months, and am now looking for a full-time job for the first time in my life. I have always said that I embrace change, that I love when things are unpredictable or don't go according to plan. I'm beginning to wonder if that is actually true.
I was driving past campus today, the day after the big move-in day, so there were people all over the place, and I wanted to be there. I had no desire to return to my apartment, my home, my new life. I want to start a new slew of classes tomorrow. I want to walk to a class taught by Jeff Smith or Kevin Blake. I want to eat lunch in the Derb and dinner in Van Zile. I want to run into friends on my way to study outside of the Union.
But I'm not going to. Maybe I'm not so prone to change after all.

No comments: