Saturday, August 30, 2008

Today is my 23rd birthday. As I think back on where I was on my 22nd birthday, there are a few things I have learned since then.  
  • I am weird.  I listen to some different music, I think strange thoughts, I am just not like the "average" person around me.  But I like it.
  • I have something to offer the people in my life.  I used to have trouble spending time with groups of believers or trying to help my Christ-following friends because I felt like I didn't have anything of worth for them, but I have found that that's not true.  I have Christ.  I have the encouragement of his grace and love, the hope of eternity spent with him, and the reassurance that he has created us just as he intended to, but with a need for him.
  • I have intense emotions.  Well, duh, you might be thinking, but I think the true realization of this has helped me to understand myself better on a day-to-day basis.  I love deeply and if I don't have the chance to express that love, it begins to overwhelm me.  I cry more often than most people, but it is so cleansing to me to just sit and cry.
  • The act of Christ's death on the cross is the most beautiful thing ever.  I mean, it saved me from an eternity away from God and a lifetime of trying to earn my salvation, but the best thing about it is that it shows God's love for me.  Christ's love was demonstrated in that he allowed himself to be forsaken by His Abba in order that I might be loved deeply by him and Father.  Loved in a way that no person ever can.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I want to agree on one point...you are wierd...but so am I! :)