Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I love learning about personalities. I love taking personality tests like the Myers-Briggs to find out more about myself and how I get through everyday life. I think it's very vital to understand how we communicate as individuals so that we can have better community with the people around us. Knowing what we need to function well as an individual helps us function well in community.
I think it's pretty apparent to everyone around me that I'm an extrovert, but it's interesting hearing what people think that means. So, I'm going to debunk some myths about extroversion and introversion. Here are some facts I have discovered:

Extroverts are not necessarily outgoing and introverts are not necessarily shy.
Introverts do need alone time, most likely every day, but some don't require as much as others.
Extroverts do need alone time, most likely every day, but some don't require as much as others.
However, extroverts get their energy from being with people while introverts get their energy from being by themselves.
Two introverts can be married and make it work well.
Two extroverts can be dating and make it work well. I should know.

No comments: