Saturday, July 18, 2009

Well, I know it's been a while since I've written, but unfortunately I have to use this time to vent. I've just been frustrated with a select group of inconsiderate Christians lately. For those of you that don't know, my fiance works in a local coffee shop as a barista and the night manager. In a college town, it's not uncommon to see students enjoying the great atmosphere at the Bistro and chatting with friends and/or studying. Occasionally, these people will not understand that the place they are using to study or check their email is not a public place. And most of the time, these people have Bibles open in front of them and no coffee or scone or iced tea in hand. A few days ago, I had reached my limit and decided to take a stand. Well, a small one, but I took a stand. I approached a group of about eight women sitting on the patio with Bibles open and no Bistro goodies on the table. I told them that it would be the right thing to support the business that was allowing them to enjoy community and fellowship. They looked at me like dear in the headlights as I walked away. My fiance told me later that three of them bought drinks on their way out. Three.

1 comment:

Derek said...

I'm impressed that you did that Amber, but I totally agree with you. It's frustrating to see people use the space but never buy anything and support the business that lets them spend hours there.